Friday, September 15, 2006

Alpha Basically

This week I attended the first Alpha Course meeting. Overall, it went very well. I had a good time meeting new people over dinner, but it was the conversation after the talk that really surprised me.

We all shared a bit about our lives and what we were hoping to learn through Alpha. Everyone at my table was willing to be vulnerable. They shared about their faith tradition and how it influenced their understanding of Jesus. I was surprised to find out how easy it was to talk about Jesus in this context. Some shared that they didn’t know much about Jesus in the first place, while others shared more painful experiences about their introduction to Jesus years ago through their church and family.

In talking with some of the young adults who attended the first meeting, it was easy to see that God is up to something with this ministry. Pray with us that God would use Alpha to draw people to himself.

No comments: